Our July meeting was small, but energetic. We were hosted by the very generous and lovely Courthouse Center for the Arts (guys. They served snacks.) We talked a lot about all the work Lorraine and Joe are doing at the Courthouse — rentals! festivals! They are ready for you to extend your show with a weekend in South County. . . or whatever! We also brainstormed a couple great ideas:
- upgrading the website calendar to one where users can edit from the site.
- sending out and disseminating a planning calendar twice a year to all the theatres in RI so that we can avoid duplicating material and weekends, when possible.
- special episodes of the podcast focusing on artists who work in particular areas (outdoor theatre, Shakespeare companies, new works, etc)
- discount cards for RIPE member theatres
- creating a paid membership component to RIPE that would allow for special perks (advertisement, discount cards, general auditions, etc)
We also scheduled the August Meeting: WEDNESDAY AUGUST 14 at 7:00pm at AS220′s FOO[d] (unless someone out there has a better idea.)
And of course we’ve got the party at Sandywoods coming up! August 3 from 1pm-5:30pm.And everyone who comes to the party is encouraged to stay for The Merry Wives of Windsor by Rhode Island Shakespeare Company. Word on the street: if you come to the party you can get into the show for free!